Electrical / Electronics / Electro Refrigeration, Mechanical / Auto / Automotive, Manufacturing / Process, Wood
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Set up maintenance program in conjunction with the maintenance staff
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Check all parts, equipment and machinery for lubrication..
- Complete and maintain reports, such as time and production records, inventories, and test results.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as employment, performance evaluations, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Establish or adjust work methods and procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines, equipment, and personnel.
- Monitor operations, and inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices, such as hand tools, gauges, and specifications to verify conformance to standards.
- Patrol work area and examine tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of safety rules.
- Direct, coordinate, and assist in performance of workers' activities, such as engine tune-up, hydroelectric turbine repair, or circuit breaker installation.
- Recommend measure, such as procedural changes, service manuals revisions, and equipment purchases, to improve work performance and minimize operating costs.
- Confer with personnel, such as management, engineering, quality control, customers, and workers' representatives to coordinate work activities and resolve problems.
- Examine object, system, or facilities, such as CNC router, air-conditioning, or industrial plant, and analyze information, to determine installation, service, or repair needed.
- Request materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts for work activities.
- Compute and estimates actual costs of factors, such as materials, labor, and outside contractors, and prepares budgets.
- Assigns workers to perform activities, such as service appliances, repair and maintain vehicles, and install machinery and equipment.
- Train workers in methods, procedures, and use of equipment and work aid, such as blueprints, hand tools, and test equipment.
- BS degree in a related technical field of study or equivalent experience required. Related technical courses, vendor training, and company specific courses desirable
- 2 or more years of maintenance management level experience required
- Hands-on mechanical, electrical, and electronic experience required
- Experience utilizing computerized maintenance systems required
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work.
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Team Player
- Confident, firm personality
- Ability to control a high pressure situation