Ho Chi Minh
Purchasing / Merchandising, Retail / Wholesale
Proactively drive the Merchandising Team to manage and grow all categories in the right direction to contribute to the growth of the company both strategically and executionally (e.g. product range, sales, margin, other incomes…).
Report to: Merchandising and Marketing Controller
- Manage the Category Performance to meet the Company’s given targets of sales, margin %, other incomes (including category analysis, new product sourcing, old product delisting, clear stocks, promotion, pricing….)
- Review all the planograms before sending to MM Controller for approval or inputs if any
- Maintain the database system with full and most up to date information and details
- Develop and lead monthly hot promotion, promotion by stores and special campaigns
- Develop all the pricing of the new, promotion or price change SKUs before sending to MM Controller for approval following Company’s pricing strategy
- Manage the Category team to ensure all necessary documents available and kept in filing
- Negotiate with key suppliers for new contracts, contract extension…..
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key suppliers to strategically optimize income supports from suppliers - focusing on big suppliers like BAT, PMI, Metro, Diageo, An Nam….
- Handle the key suppliers to solve problems which need immediate actions (relating to payment, delivery…..)
- Manage the merchandising part for all new stores and remodel stores (POG, product delivery, stock availability as well as display at stores)
- Frequently visit the market and competitors to understand the trend of products, pricing, consumption behavior – together with the analysis from the AC Nielson reports, monthly category performance report, promotion reports…. to improve/grow the Categories with appropriate and strategic actions
- Contribute to the procedure/business rule for the new system project
- Proactively propose to the MM Controller ideas to improve the team structure/performance in all angles
- Lead the Category team and other teams under Merchandising and Marketing team while the MM Controller is out of town or on overseas travelling……
- Compose the standard operating procedure for Merchandising Team and make sure team to follow the procedures properly
- Coach and train new staff in merchandising on purchasing skills, product knowledge, negotiation skill, communication skill….
- Coach and develop the successor
- Support MM Controller to work on projects like Thailand imported products….
- Together with the MM Controller to build a capable team with high level of pro-activeness, team spirit and integrity…
- Other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred. Master degree or overseas education is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in purchasing, merchandising and/or category management. A mix of other business experiences apart from Retail’s is also a good advantage.
- Understand the retail market /products well and dare to try the new things
- Must be computer literate in Word, Power Point and excellent in Excel.
- High level of integrity, demanding, cooperation, attention to details, passionate, positive attitude, professionalism, open minded, aggressiveness, decisive, pro-activeness, responsibility and commitment. Able to work independently and in a team.
- Must be good in communication, negotiation, leadership and strategic in thinking