Quality Control Manager - IT industry
Ho Chi Minh
Arts / Creative Design, Aviation, Accounting / Auditing / Tax, Architect, Animal Husbandry / Veterinary, Administrative / Clerical, Advertising / PR / Communications, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Banking, Chemical Eng., Consulting, Customer Service, Civil / Construction, Environmental, Executive management, Event, Entertainment, Entry Level / Internship, Education /Training, Electrical / Electronics / Electro Refrigeration, Freight / Logistics / Warehouse, Food Tech / Nutritionist, Forestry, Finance / Investment, Fishery, Food & Beverage (F&B), Human Resources, HSE, Household / Personal Care, Irrigation, IT - Software, IT - Hardware / Network, Interpreter/ Translator, Interior / Exterior, Import / Export, Insurance, Library, Law / Legal Services, Medical / Healthcare, Mineral, Mechanical / Auto / Automotive, Marketing, Manufacturing / Process, Marine, Maintenance, NGO / Non-Profit, Others, Online Marketing, Oil / Gas, Purchasing / Merchandising, Pharmacy, Printing / Publishing, Quality Control (QA/QC), Retail / Wholesale, Restaurant / Hotel, Real Estate, Statistics, Surveying / Geology, Security, Securities, Sales / Business Development, Tourism, TV / Newspaper / Editors, Textiles / Garments / Fashion, Telecommunications, Unskilled Workers, Wood
Quality Control Manager performs the role of Quality Control Lead (QC Lead) to lead the Quality Control Engineers of project to perform testing activities for the software under development. QC Lead ensures that works performed by the designated project team meet the quality standards set internally and as agreed with clients.
• Report directly to superior and/or Line Manager if require.
• Work with project team members and others if any.
• Acquire appropriate resources.
• Provides management oversight.
• Conduct management reporting
• Provide technical direction
• Ensure adherence to engineering processes for testing activities
• Interact with other stake holders and client to ensure proper coordination and implementation of development projects or pure testing project
• Participates in R&D, training activities related to quality control
• Proactively recommend process, tool, and development/testing methodology improvements
• Develop, manage and implement test plans and approaches
• Implement and enforce test strategy
• Communicate, employ and enforce testing best practices and standards
• Reporting on status of project level test effort and key issues to key stakeholders
• Perform performance monitoring and developing QC project members
• Responsible on quality for final test product deliverables
• Minimum of 08 years experience in managing testing projects operating web-based on Windows platforms with a track record of on time project delivery
• Strong communication skills and ability to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical audience - Good at English speaking, writing and listening skills;
• Experience with management of test teams up to 10 – 15+ people
• Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Strong leadership with ability to motivate engineers
• Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills - Experience in working on cross-department/locations by communicating and negotiating with multiple teams/locations to accomplish goals
• Good knowledge in testing process, quality models, standards;
• Experience of developing and executing test strategies, detailed test plans, test cases, test data and tangible quality measures
• Knowledge and practical experience of all test stages/levels and types (unit, component, system, integration, functional, reliability, availability, load, performance, business and operations acceptance.)
• Experience of producing clear, concise and meaningful test statistic reporting
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Advanced degree preferred.