Manager Technology Operations (Footwear)
Ho Chi Minh
Manufacturing / Process, Textiles / Garments / Fashion
- Manage effective upstream relationships with Futures team and Brand Operations to identify new development requirements and support to define handover timelines and clear roles and responsibilities.
- Provide input for project plans to outline the required defined technology infrastructure and capabilities to be developed and timelines. Capabilities may include, but are not limited to: facilities, machinery, software, and human resources.
- Provide project tracking and regular reporting on the status to internal stakeholders.
- Support the Director for Strategic Technology Operations in working with Brand Operations to manage development allocation and provide data to ensure that workload is aligned with the capabilities of the suppliers for defined technology.
- Identify constraints to raw material supply and production capacity. Support Material Planning team to align material and component supply with demand.
- In collaboration with the Director for Strategic Technology Operations identify where new machinery is required, help to monitor the machinery suppliers’ capacity and machine lead times to ensure that machinery purchases are aligned to the production requirement.
- Communicate on established paths and contacts between factories and suppliers as new factories adopt defined technology. Ensure alignment of lead times, ordering process and quality requirements between factories & suppliers.
- Work with Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Excellence teams to optimize the manufacturing process for the defined technology.
- Document best practices for the defined technology and manage the proliferation of the process documentation with all affected locations.
- Work with Costing to develop and/or optimize methods of costing the defined technology.
- University Degree, preferably textile engineering, industrial or chemical engineering.
- 4 years’ experience in textile industry or footwear.
- Additional experience and knowledge working with molding processes for thermoplastics or flat knitting, steam molding process is preferred.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Lean/6 sigma training and experience.